Yoga and Wellness Retreats
5-7 April and 6-8 September 2019
Are you interested in booking onto one of our weekend retreats? Simply fill out our form here.
Have a read of our Itinerary here.
Retreat to the forest for a weekend of yoga and nurture your wellbeing!
Forest Retreats and Indian Wellness Academy are pleased to announce our Yoga and Wellness weekend 5-7 April and 6-8 September 2019. An early-bird price in now available for £245 (usual price of £265) All-inclusive price for the weekend includes food, accommodation and activities to make your soul sing!
This retreat will be based at Oakraven (www.oakraven.org), a secluded field centre that specializes in eco-forestry and is suitable for guests wishing to come on their own, or with friends/family looking or something different to do. Accommodation is shared dormitory style with a unique space to practice yoga and other activities. Take time out to explore the tranquil outdoor space and on our organised Saturday walk to St Anthony’s Well – an Iron Age Sacred Spring!
The weekend’s yoga is most suited to beginners and intermediates. More advanced yoga retreats also available, please message for details. The morning’s yoga on this retreat is dynamic, with a more restorative session in the afternoon and evenings.
Across the weekend you can expect the following:
- An opening and closing circle – helping you feel safe and build trust.
- Twice daily yoga and meditation practice, incorporating Yin, Hatha and Kundalini, followed by guided meditations. This is led by the Owners of Indian Wellness Academy, Kundalini Tantra Yoga and Moseley Yoga Studio on Birmingham. Ildiko Bakos ji (Ildy), a popular and established yoga teacher with 17 years experience Master Sri Vijay Anand, is an Indian Yogi and international speaker and teacher for over 30 years.
- A walk in the Forest of Dean to St Anthony’s Well: A Sacred Spring dating back to Pre-historic age which has had ritual significance for thousands of years, with claimed efficacy to resolving ailments such as arthritis. You are welcome to take a dip in this sacred water!
- Wholesome vegetarian meals with plenty of snacks and refreshments. The delicious food prepared by Tom who is a trained cook with 20 years experience. We cater for all dietary requirements and you won’t miss out on anything!
- Saturday afternoons workshop will be focused on learning about the Chakra System – our seven centres of spiritual power. Learn how to activate them to lead a more balanced meaningful life.
- Move your body and set yourself free with a soul dancing.
- Evenings spent sitting around a warm fire in stimulating conversation with fellow yogi’s.
- Optional holistic treatments including an Ayuvedic and Swedish Massage, Indian Head Massage and Reiki.
- Sri Vijay Anand is available to do Karma Astrology Consultations.
- Clean and warm bunkhouse style accommodation.
- Friendly and experienced staff that will ensure that you are comfortable and happy across the weekend.
- SPECIAL SATURDAY NIGHT SOUND HEALING BATH – can only be described as a soothing, detoxing, rejuvinating vibrational sound massage for the body and mind too!