Thank you for your interest in Forest Retreats based at Hill Farm, Tintern – an Eco Retreat with spectacular views over The Wye Valley. This information pack gives you information on what we can offer small groups who hire the site for an small event, retreat, workshop or whatever your requirement.
Welcome from Tom and Hayley Court
Welcome to a Hill Farm, our 15-Acre smallholding overlooking the Wye Valley. It has always been our dream to run our own tourism business and in 2018 we were lucky enough to find the perfect place to do this. Tom is a local lad and met Hayley at university in Birmingham nearly 20 years ago, studying Leisure and Tourism. We have 2 young girls (Daisy 9 and Phoebe 6) who live at Hill farm and an older daughter who is a professional dancer. We love the outdoors and are passionate about environmental protection and support various environmental charities.
Forest Retreats based at Hill Farm, Tintern is the ideal location to reconnect with nature and encompasses woodlands, paddocks and streams. The historical village of Tintern; famous for its Abbey is within walking distance of Hill Farm and we there are an abundance of walks, cycle routes and visitor attractions on our doorstep. Hill farm is a 15-acre site and is suitable for small groups of up to 35 persons including camping if the whole site is booked.
We can offer small groups the following for a minimum of a 2-night booking.
3 off-grid yurts – 2 x 18 ft Yurts sleeps up to 4 people and 1 x 12 ft Yurt sleeps up to 3 persons (https://hillfarmtintern.co.uk/yurts/). The yurts have a compost toilet each and a shared shower that should be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
Peak Season: July and August
|Off-peak weekday||Off-peak weekend||Peak weekday||Peak weekend|
Price per night
- Our “Room with a View” sleeps 2 persons and can make up as a double or 2 singles: https://hillfarmtintern.co.uk/room-with-a-view/. Price per night: £150
- Camping/Campervans for 5 tents/vehicles allowed if all yurts are booked at £15 per person per night.
Rooms available to hire
- We have small room near the eco spa area which is called “The Shala” with wonderful views over The Wye Valley and Tintern Abbey. This can be used as an indoor area for sit down meals, a small workshop space and can be used for holistic treatments and if you hire this room this also includes the outdoor seating area. This is available to hire for £60 per day.
- We can offer treatments such as massage, or you can bring your own therapists. We can provide all seating, tables, water dispensers, crockery and cutlery. If you decide to provide your own catering, we can provide a selection of teas and coffee at a cost of £5 per head.
- We have a larger studio called “Wye Studio” overlooking The Wye Valley where you can typically fit 12 persons for Yoga and more depending on activity. This is available for hire for £80 per day and includes yoga mats/blocks/bolsters/belts if required. We also have a woodland spot perfect for outdoor yoga / bushcraft / group activities under some amazing oak trees.
- We will ensure the site is clean when you arrive. The retreat/ group organiser is suitable for ensuring the site is clean for guests throughout the weekend including cleaning showers, toilets, washing up etc.
- Parking is available on site and we encourage car sharing. Hill Farm is situated up a forestry track and the sat nav does not always bring guests to the correct location so please encourage guests to follow directions.
Wood fired Eco-Spa
Large wood fired spring water hot tub, wood fired sauna and a cold-water plunge pool. Price: £250
We can offer food to suit all dietary requirements. Prices can start from £25 per person per day (minimum of 8 persons) depending on requirements and £30 per day for under 8 persons. We also offer wood fired pizzas and salad at £15 per adult and £8 per child. This cost includes a selection of teas and coffee.
We currently have small camp kitchens in each Yurt and the Room with a View, and an outside kitchen area with BBQ and wood fired Pizza oven. We cater using our private kitchen so if you wanted to cater for your group, you would need to use the camp kitchens and the BBQ/outside kitchen area by the spa. All camp kitchens are fully equipped.
Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing)
Tom offers a group Forest Bathing (Shinrin Yoku) practice (https://forestretreats.co.uk/shinrin-yoku/); which is an ancient Japanese practice that breaks down your senses, helps you reconnect with nature and has benefits on reducing stress, boosting your immune system and improving sleep: (https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/sep/06/forest-bathing-in-south-wales-wye-valley). Price: £110 for 3 hours
Hayley is a qualified yoga teacher and offers group yoga at £30 per hour and also a range of holistic treatments including massages starting from £30.
Points to consider before booking
- Strictly no other people except for those staying at Hill Farm to visit the site during your stay unless approved beforehand.
- You are responsible for cleaning the toilets, showers and rooms hired during your time here, and the person(s) booking the site responsible for ensuring guests follow the site rules.
- All property you bring to Hill Farm is at your own risk.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Well-behaved dogs welcome. Please clean up after mess (bucket provided) and don’t let dogs chase animals. Keep on leads if recall isn’t good.
- No smoking or vaping inside the room and please put cigarettes in ashtrays provided.
- Strictly no littering (including cigarette butts!). You are responsible for ensuring the site is tidy throughout your stay and when you leave. We have a very strict recycling policy and groups that don’t adhere to this will not be welcome back.
- Fires in designated fire areas or raised fire pits.
- The ground is very uneven and steps can be dangerous, especially when wet – please take care. Bring suitable walking shoes and flip flops for use in the shower.
- Walking in woods is at your own risk. Please be aware of falling branches and uneven ground.
- No amplified music after 10pm (we do have neighbours!)
- Please close gates if you open them and no walking on walls.
- Keep out of any outbuildings and private areas; and do not walk into the neighbours areas.
Terms and conditions
Booking the whole site includes all of the 3 Yurt’s, but booking The Room with a View is optional. A non- refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure the dates required. If you are unable to go ahead due to Covid-19 regulations, we can transfer the deposit to another suitable date. Full payment is due 8 weeks before arrival and you will be sent a welcome pack and contract with all the information you need throughout your stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Kind regards
Hayley and Tom